Saturday 16 July 2011

Sucker Punch Review

So since Sucker Punch just came out of DVD, I thought I should review it for people.



Sucker Punch is basically a movie about a girl named baby doll, who has an abusive stepfather, and is blamed for the death of her sister. According to the production notes, baby doll is 20 years old.

So the abusive father kills her sister and sends her away to a home for mental girls. There she meets some other girls. Together they try to escape, while babydoll uses her imagination to imagine the events that are happening in front of them, therefore going into her own world.

I have to say, the beginning of the film had me hooked. It was great use of music and angles. It explained her story without much words, which was really cool.

Also the use of camera angles was amazing. They really used many closeups which I thought to be really cool. The closeups on the hand on a door handle or eyes was really cool.

But later on in the film, I found myself wondering off. It was really like Deja-vu. All the events that happen are kind of like the same and it gets very-boring after a while. I personally diden't really like this film. I don't know.

Although I found the soundtrack to be amazing. The songs suited the mood of the film perfectly and Emily Brownings voice is amazing! it just suited the creepy & Intense feeling of the film.

Overall, the movie Sucker Punch is a good watch with a couple of friends. You will have fun watching it, but it just wasn't the best movie. if you like the directors previous movies like the movie 300, you will like this film. B-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal