Tuesday 26 July 2011

A Weekend At The Collingwood Elvis Festival

We all know Elvis, the "King" of rock. The one with so many hits that got everyone moving and grooving. There is a yearly festival, the biggest Elvis festival in the world, in Collingwood Ontario. Every year my family and I have attended, to see the Elvis's and most of all, the rides. This year was the same, but this time I brought my camera. And brang it... Everywhere.





Starting theres the Friday, I love the Friday! Usually this is when the real excitement begins at Elvis weekend! Theres the performances of the tribute Elvis's! This year the performances were simply amazing and there were so many young performers! I love the fact that the crowd is so big! Even though it is so big, you can hear the Elvis music from the other end of the street!



After that, well during its usually time to pick up some food from the vendors. The vendors! There are so many different types of food there! Not just food! Along the street, it is filled with Elvis shops, vendors with Elvis T-shirts, records - you name it! You can even find a varity of other stuff! Also the majority of the stores and restrants featured Elvis theming- even Tim Hortons made an Elvis cookie for $1, where the proceeds go to chairty!






The next day was Saturday- because of the baking heat , we diden’t go into the “Tent”, which is where we see some live performances. We did however, go to some rides, and see a live performance there, near the museum. These live performances were amazing , some were even done by a 9 year old boy!!

As the day whizzed by, we went to a restaurant, listened to live performances, went to vendors, went to rides and did more. My parents even saw a live concert music thing on the Sunday and they said that it was really good!

Newscasts estimate that the town earned millions of dollars from the Elvis weekend, I don't deny it. Elvis Weekend is a must-go to for anyone wanting to have an awesome rockin weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal