Thursday 28 July 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger Review




Captain America: The First Avenger started out as a movie I didn't want to see. Why? Because of the fact that we are being overloaded with movies, and this just wasn't my top pick. Okay, I had no idea who Captain America was and kept on whispering to my friend what was going on throughout the trailer. Anyway, my mom still decided to take my brother and I to see this movie.

This movie covers the story of a skinny,weak man, Roger who wants to join the army. He gets chosen not because his strength, but because of his personality to go into this lab where they inject a serum into his body. Then he becomes all strong and awesome. He is Captain America!

I have to say, Chris Evans delivered a solid performance playing this character. I noticed that even after he became "Captain America" , he still had the personality of when he was all weak, which was really important in the movie because he "Stayed the same man".

The camera angles were good during the action in the film and the costumes were really well done.

The plot had some romance-not much and some little bits of comedy, which kept me entertained. What I have to say, it ended in a bit of a cliffhanger- I won't reveal anything but I will say that another movie will be coming out in May. A sequel with the one and only- Iron Man!

Overall it was a good movie, great for superhero fans and fans of major action, but not great for people who preferred movies like X-Men: First Class. B

2 comments:

  1. I was also hesitant about watching it, but I don't regret watching it at all. I loved the movie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't regret watching it at all, but it just wasn't my favourite type of movie! I will be seeing the next on for sure though!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal