Sunday 24 July 2011

Harry Potter Movies through the years and reviews!

After I saw the FANTASTIC last Harry Potter film, I decided to go to my hogwarts trunk and get the movies 1-6 to watch those. Here are some opinions (Before I tell you them, please note that I am a huge potter fan):

Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone

This movie was a great introduction to the wizarding world. It had perfect music, excellent props and wonderful sets. Chris Columbus did amazing directing and really brang out the magic in the Wizarding World. A


Harry Potter and the Chamber Of Secrets

This movie was also directed by Chris Columbus, it had a really similar style like the first movie. The thing I like about Chris Columbus was that he made you smile, you were happy more in this movie & the first then in any of the other films. A



Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

This is when Chris Columbus droppped out of making the Potter films. Then we had a new director ,Alfonso CuarĂ³n. This style was similiar to the first movie and second with few changes. The magic still remained in Hogwarts. It stayed true to the book, which was important! A


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


I have to say, this new director should have been directing the rest of the movies, in my opinion. He did the the movie perfectly, a didn't miss too much details from the books. Mike Newell directed, the same director that did prince of persia. This movie had excellent music and camera angles, also a meaningful plot. The best. A+


Harry Potter and the order of the phenix 


This is when David Yates started directing the Potters, I found this movie kind of boring and bland, maybe because Quidditch was taken out of this project. I was disappointed in this film, but it still delivered. B+


Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince


This film was the most disappointing of the Harry Potters,some of the most important elements in the book were taken out, and new unnecessary elements were put in.The movie turned too much to the romance and took out what we really needed, the actual discovery. Also something that happened messed up an element for the later films. (Ginny hiding book). B




Overall Harry Potter movies are amazing! I am not rating any of these movies badly, I still watch them, but they were a disappointment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal