Sunday 31 July 2011

All Things Bright And Beautiful Track by track review.

Is there a better way to welcome summer then listen to fresh, crisp, easy, natural music? I don't think so. I love Owl City, you probably know from some of my other entries, but every day, and I mean every day, I have been listening to the new album "All things bright and beautiful" and pondering over the lyrics and enjoying summer. Here is a track by track review. Its My interpation of the CD.



1. The Real World: Opening to the album, we get a demo of the type of music Adam creates. He shows his passion for living in another world, and the fact that reality is not the right place for him.
"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there"

2. Deer In The Headlights: This song is about trying to force yourself into love, you can't force yourself into loving someone, you have to fall for them, not love them for the sake of loving them. Add an upbeat catchy tune and Owl City and you've got a perfect hit song!
"Your the deer in the headlights"

3. Angels: This is a perfect story song! I think it comes to love in some way, but it is basically about other magical beings in our world, we live so close to the ground but what else is there?
"Wake me if your out there!"

4. Dreams Don't Turn To Dust: Such a magical feeling. Dreams don't go away, they don't turn to dust they will always stay with you.
" Id rather be alone"

5. Honey And The Bee: One of my favourite songs, it is like a 2 side song, one with the girl and one with the boy. Just listen, its awesome.
" If I reached for your hand.. Would your eyes get wide?"

6. Kamikize: This song is so catchy and it seems like a different style of music for Owl City to sing.
"Oh comet, come down!"

7.January 28, 1986: This is like an intermission for the whole CD, according to Owl City is is a pre- song to the song galaxies to set up the theme.

8. Galexies: This is catchy and really exciting!
"Dear god I was terribly lost when the galaxies crossed"

9. I think this song is s about the fact that you can't look at everything badly. The person in this song was in the worst car crash of the century, but they think that it makes them feel better and gave them a new sense of sight and that happiness returned to them.
" Happiness returned to me in a grave emergency"

10. Alligator Sky (Ft Shawn Christopher): This song is random, but I think it means that you can't expect things to happen. Owl City says that it is unexpected, so you can wake up and seize the day because life is unexpected!

11. The Yacht Club: This is a different style for Owl CIty, in this song he collaborates with the Canadian singer, LIGHTS. I think the meaning is that we wish that our bad days could disappear forever so we can live our life to the fullest.
" I wish that we could sail our sad days away.. forever in deep blue shades of paper macheƩ"

12. This song opens up with sorrow, but then gets exciting. I think he means that he wishes that plant life would come close to him, so he doesn't feel dead because he feels dead. He really needs a friend because without one, he feels very dead.
" I've been longing for daises to push through the floor"

13. How I became the sea: This song is like a story , I think its the slowest song on the album. It just very story like.

14. Alligator Sky : this is the no-rap version, I prefer it to  the rap version. Adam adds his own melody in between the rhythm.

Overall I would give this album a 9.5/10 , this is amazing and i have been listening for it for more then one month straight and I didn't get sick of it! Owl City really made his best album yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal