Sunday 17 July 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 Review!!

At last! When the first part ended I thought the world was over. Literally. I had to see more. These months dragged by. And then finally July 15th came around. I saw the movie 2 days later, only listening to Harry Potter Wizard Rock music. Anyway. Back on topic.


The movie was a continuation to the first Deathly Hallows- and also the EPIC finale. If you would've read the books, you would know whats coming, but if you haven't your in for a surprise.

The movie opens up with the previous scene- when Voldemort gets the Elder Wand- In 3D. I saw the movie in 3D and personally, it takes away from it. The 3D was very well done, it was like we were right there. But do we need it? When we first saw the movies, we were taken away, with no 3D. We used our own imaginations to bring the amazing magic of Harry Potter to us, not 3D. Now 3D is doing all the work, I prefer using my imagination because its a different experience, and an amazing one at that.

The music was so heartbreaking, from a Harry Potter fan, it really showed at the beginning the emotion in the film- that this was the last one. This music was called "Lilys Theme" and was truly spectacular.The whole soundtrack was really well done- probably one of the favourite soundtracks of the whole 8 movies. This and the first movie.

The camera- was nicely done. We could tell by the angles whenever he was seeing from Voldemort's eyes or in the pensive. We could tell the feelings of the people and I loved the fact that there was a variety of close up's which I thought to be really cool and add more effect to the film.

The movie was done well overall, it ended nicely and I left the theatre smiling, not crying. I am a crazy Potter fan, but this movie didn't make me cry. I don't know why, maybe it didn't use enough time to convey the emotion in the book.

This movie was probably one of best of the 8 films. It will be timeless and people will treasure it for years to come. Harry Potter had a good ending, that people looked at in wonder.  A




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now the story- If you don't want to hear too much about the movie STOP HERE! The story was changed a bit. I found that the HufflePuff cup- the cup that they destroyed at the beginning, was left out. In the book they show a rich history of the cup, about how it fell into Tom Riddles hands, but that was left out in the 6th movie, also some parts of the film from Voldemort's origins- his mom and dad, were left out in the movie. I was also disappointed in the feelings in some of the scenes , because when Hagrid Carried Harry, there wasn't that much emotion shown.

2 comments:

  1. I personally preferred HP 7 pt 1, pt 2 had a bit too much duels in my opinion. Although it was still good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows p1 was one of my favourites too because of the way it stuck to the book, I really liked the storyline of part 2 from the books, which is one of the reasons why I liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal