Wednesday 21 September 2011

Demi Lovato's Unbroken Album Track by Track Review

Demi is amazing. For what she does, for what she did. She inspired thousands of young girls and has made herself open to national problems, like bullying. She also released a hit record only months after she came out of rehab.But did Unbroken catch up to all its anticipation from the fans?



1. All Night Long: This song is an upbeat pop song, thats all it is. There is no deep meaning to it, but this shows that Demi has risen to be doing a "Duet" with these artists. This is a fun song.

2. Who's That Boy: I don't enjoy this song on the album, its catchy and it has the artist Dev and all, but I don't see anything but a chart hit.

3. Your My Only Shorty: This song is another fun song, but with Iyaz. This song is really electronic, and repetitive.

4. This song is my favourite duet on this album, it actually means something. So for one of these songs, that means a lot!

5. Lightweight: This is when the deepness of the album begins, with a slower song. Its starts well. This song shows how well Demi Lovato can sing!

6. Unbroken: I like this song, its really cool and original. Its like a club song, and it shows how Demi has evolved from "Don't Forget".

7.Fix A Heart: One of my favourite songs on the album, it is just so beautiful.It really shows that you can NEVER fix a heart or forget anything that someone says.

8. Hold Up: This song is really electronic, but catchy. It is real pop. I would imagine it as more of a running song or a dancing song.

9. Mistake: This song is about someone really making a really bad mistake. It is catchy, and about how she isn't going to look back on the past.

10. Give Your Heart A Break: This song is upbeat, poppy and passionate at the same time. It kind of combines all the genres into this song. Demi has produced several hits on this album for sure

12. In Real Life: This song experiments with a different song style, I liked it and it kind of changes the perspective on a dream and reality. You can't compare a dream to real life.

13. My Love Is Like A Star: This talks about how Demi's Love is like a star (Duh), this song is really slow and deep. Its a change of mood here.

14. For The Love Of A Daughter: This is one of the most meaningful songs on the album. It talks about a dad who drinks too much and has a drinking problem. It radiates love. Put the bottle down!!

15. Skyscraper: A song talking about Demis experiences, it is beautiful and heartfelt, this song is a good song for girls who are under the "Pressure to be perfect".

I love this album, it is heartfelt and upbeat. There are songs to let go, and hold on. I was scared that there would be too many slow songs, but Demi balanced it out right, with some fun songs and some slower songs. Thats what a great artists does. Lets go, and holds on tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal