Tuesday 27 September 2011

We Day!

Today was We Day! As being part in Free The Children since grade 7, I have earned my ticket through volunteer work to participate in the Toronto We Day! I have to say, it was incredible. I did update it through my Twitter account for those who saw, but I decided to write about it because it is an event worth writing about.

When I arrived with Free The Children , it was packed. Of corse there were like, 20,000 people in the ACC alone, but once I got in I was wowed. This was my first concert and it felt extraordinary. There were lights everywhere, illuminating the whole stadium. We got these bags on our seets that had a bunch of freebies, The Free The Children Book, the we day guide, blue lip balm, a granola bar and a ballot to win a Me To We Trip.

A photo taken by much music


To get things straight, I DID BRING MY CAMERA. But since it wasn't that advanced, the image turned out grainy (Parents wouldn't let me bring good camera). Ill post them on Flikr, but I'm warning you, bad quality.

I learned that We Day was not a concert, a shock to some of you. It is an event. To share our passion for doing help to other people. With amazing speakers such Craig Kielburger (Who made Free The Children, who was amazing by the way) and hosts Nina Dobrev and Joe Jonas, We Day was taken to the next level. With inspirational people such as Danny Golver, Mary Robinson, Rick Hanson, Spencer West and Patch Adams ( There were a lot more!!!), the show could've brought me to tears, and quite frankly almost did.

I was amazed by the performances and performers such as Nelly Furtado, who announced that she would donate ONE MILLION dollars to Free The Children, Nikki Yanofsky, Classifed, City and Colour, Shawn Desman and Joe Jonas. The thing I liked about everyone who came on stage is that I got to hear their stories of why they decided to come, it made them feel, in a way just like us wanting a change.

We Day was an amazing event. I learned so much about how we can make a difference.How we can BE THE CHANGE. I loved how we could all join together as one and make a difference. Our voices can be heard.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kassy98/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal