Sunday 10 July 2011

The Happening Review

So last week when I was sick, I watched the movie "The Happening", here is my review for it:

The movie "The Happening" is basically about an event that happened in North America. The first stage is lost human speech (eg stuttering words), the second stage is loss in human movement (The person can't move) and the third is... Suicide.

Ever since when I was sick, I have become a huge fan of M Night Shyamalan, and this is no exception. He may not be capable to win oscars, but he sure has established his own style of filmmaking.

The Happening delivers creepiness, action,mystery,romance & horror. It also delivers meaning. All of this Happened for a reason. The reason applies to our world too, not just theirs.

The plot, I thought was well done. Everything seemed to happen at a nice pace. It allowed us to think about the events and we would be introduced to the answers later.

Shyamalan, lacks in the elements of film needed to produce an oscar ( Cinematography, music, etc) but he still produced a film worth watching again. I disagree with the critics on this. I loved this film!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal