Tuesday 28 June 2011

Hereafter Review

So late last night I decided to watch the Clint Eastwood film, Hereafter. After seeing the trailer, I was drawn to the storyline of the film, which is about death and the afterlife.

So basically Hereafter is a movie about 3 people, a french woman who almost died in a tsunami, a american physic who can connect with the afterlife and a boy who was traumatized by someones death. This is about how these 3 people find each other.

Overall I liked the movie, but it was very slow. The beginning shows the roots of the 3 people, but still drags on. Their journey was quite slow ,but it got exciting near the end where they finally intersected with each other.

I thought the movie, personally was lacking in musical elements. Music is what gives "power" to movies, so I thought that it made the movie lack power and emotion in a way.

Acting was good, a highlight in the film. These actors and actresses really conveyed the emotions of the characters that they portrayed in the film.

I do respect Clint Eastwood and agree that he directed this film well, but the other elements should of been more emphasized.

Also another strength in the film is the plot, it is kind of like a puzzle, things happen and a couple minutes later you are finally able to piece them together.

Overall Hereafter is a good film, I would recommend it if you like Clint Eastwood films and enjoy learning about afterlife and supernatural aspects of our world. Also I would recommend it if you are a film and movie fan (Like me)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal