Saturday 27 August 2011

Lemonade Mouth Movie Review

This is a little late, considering the movie came out a while ago, but I just thought I would review it.



Lemonade Mouth is based on the book by Peter Hughes, it is a movie about a group of very different people. One day Olivia (Brigit Melder), Wen (Adam Hicks),Stella (Hayley Kayoko), Mo (Miami Scott) and Charlie (Blake Mitchael) all meet one day in the least likely place- detention. They then begin expressing the one thing they have in common- music. After they discover that they make a pretty good band. The main idea is that it doesen't matter if your popular or not, everyone can make a difference.

Even though this was a classic disney channel musicial, it has something to it, something that High School Musical diden't have, it had a certain type of friendship feeling to it, maybe it focused more on the friendship than the romance, which I prefer.

I have to say for a disney movie, the acting was really well done. Brigit Melder has always been a good actress and she played the role really convinclingly. I am also surprised with Adam Hicks, who plays in Zeke and Luther. He really stepped up to play this role, and I was pleasantly surprised.

The only thing I am confused with is that there are still knots untied at the end, they introduced romance and then did nothing with the romance, which I find kind of pointless, why have it at all then?

Overall Lemonade Mouth is a good family movie, I would recommend it because of the story, the acting and the message! B

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal