Wednesday 17 August 2011

Blue Mountain Ridge Runner Ride- Review

Part of the ridge runner track in Blue Mountain.
http://www.bluemountain.ca/images/Aug%2025%20coaster.jpg 
The Ridge Runner is Blue Mountain's first coaster, its an exciting mountain coaster, taking people all around the hill for over a kilometre, with speeds up to 42km/hr! The best thing about it is its open year round, so we can go on in the snow!


When I went on it, there wasn't much of a line up, so I got on pretty fast. I sat in this blue seat, that was surprisingly, quite comfortable. It had one seatbelt on it which buckles across the check and another for the legs, but it was optional.


There was also a lever, to pull away from you to speed up, and to pull close to you to break, on the way up, we weren't supposed to touch it, but I thought we had to hold it, anyway, nothing bad will happen if you hold it, just don't brake it!


Anyway, you go uphill for about 5 minutes and then we pull down the lever and .... whoosh! We whizz downhill! The ride isen't that fast, but thats good because we can see the forest and the mountain, but there are lots of turns!!


At the end, we have to slow down, I was at full speed so I had to do a big brake at the end, I advise all of you guys who are going to go on it to attempt to go SLOWLY, when you see the signs that say, go slow! 


I loved this ride, it wasn't so short, and it was nice and relaxing to see the mountain, its no thrill ride for ride seekers, or people that ride huge roller coasters, but you will still enjoy it because you can control the speed of the ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal