Tuesday 2 August 2011

Hold On 'Til the Night Greyson Chance Album Review

Today at 12:00 in the morning, Greyson Chance released his debut album: Hold on till the night- and I fell asleep, so when I woke up at 8:40, I bought the album instantly from itunes! This album is a mixture of pop and alternative, but classified as pop on itunes. Even though Greyson Chance is a 13 year old, this album will be sure not to disappoint.

The only complaint I have is that his songs light up the dark, stars and broken hearts are not on this album, I was hoping they would be featured, but saying that the songs that were on the albums were really good and they gave me a break from all this mainstream pop.



1. Waiting Outside The Lines: This was Greyson's debut single, and as soon as I heard it I fell in love with his music. This actually has meaning, live your life to the fullust. Don't look down on tomorrow, just do what you want now. Follow your dreams.

2. Unfriend You: His second single, this song is basically about Facebook, he is going to go on Facebook and "Unfriend" the girl he is talking about because she is a liar! His voice really is shown off in this song!

3. Home Is In Your Eyes: This song is really beautiful, and sad. This shows Greyson missing someone from home. Its a really nice melody.

4. Hold On Till The Night: This song is the strong, energetic song on this record. Greyson even said that it was made to tell his fans to not be afraid.

5. Heart Like Stone: This song is saying that his heart feels is stone because he is hurt. He is trying to keep himself from getting hurt. The tune is really original.

6. Little London Girl: This song is about him meeting someone, a girl in London. This girl is all rock and roll. This song is really upbeat, energetic, light and fun! Its one of my favourites on this album!

7. Cheyenne : This song is very soulful and slow. He is asking a girl , Cheyenne not to break up with him because he loves her. I don't like the slow beat on this song, but im sure soul music lovers will.

8. Summertrain: This is my favourite song on the album, it is so easygoing and relexing, it makes me forget my worries and just relex. Its a really awesome song!

9. Stranded: The sound is very interesting on this song, he wants to be "stranded" on an island with the girl. It's very fun and catchy!

8. Look at me now: This song is really cool, one of my other favourites. It is telling people how he has changed and those who never believed in him, look at him now! He came up with a pretty awesome album! This song means a lot to me because it is inspiring to anyone who wants to be something, or do something. You have to start small, and dream big!!

9. Slipping Away: This is about someone slipping away from him, he is trying to get his grasp on the girl, but she keeps slipping away, a little more every day. This is a great song!

Overall, I will give Hold On Till The Night an 8.5/10 , this album was an awesome album and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to have an album with a variety of different styles of songs! We are so proud of you Greyson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal