Monday 1 August 2011

Cowboys & Aliens movie review

Today I saw the movie Cowboys & Aliens. The movie is basically about 2 things: Cowboys and Aliens. When I saw the trailer when seeing Harry Potter p1, I had to see this movie, and I was anticipating it for the next 8 months! When this film was discussed people were saying things like "Cowboys and Aliens! They don't belong together!". But this film proved that they can be together successfully!



The movie was executive produced by Steven Spielberg, the master director. But just because he executive produced it, doesn't mean it is really Speilberg. This is more of a action western.

The music is the movie was good, but didn't convey a lot of emotion. The camera angles were O.K , but I think that they could have been done better.

The thing I would complain about is its originally, the idea is original, but what happens is more of a been-there-done-that sorta thing, I have seen stuff like this before.

On the positive side- the special effects were really well done. The Aliens were very well- creepy but not too much to scare you. The ships and lighting was done very well and it really helped with the development of the story.

Overall Cowboys & Aliens is a must see for western fans, but the only thing keeping the movie elements up is the originally of the basic idea: Cowboys & Aliens. B-

1 comment:

  1. This movie is pretty dumb, which is fine. Believe it or not, I have a pretty high tolerance for dumb movies (or so I like to think). But what really bothered me was that it was surprisingly one-note.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal