Tuesday 16 August 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love Review

Crazy, Stupid, Love, a movie that I didn't know what to expect from, a cheesy comedy or a heartfelt laugh? With stars Steve Carell, Julianne Moore, Ryan Gosling, Kevin Bacon & Emma Stone, the movie sold lots of tickets for these big stars, and seeing this movie, was worth every penny.



The movie revolving around a man, Cal who had a perfect life- until his wife asks for a divorce. Spending nights alone at a bar, getting drunk he meets Jacob who helps him discover and find his "Manhood" and to start getting other woman into his life. A lot more goes on in the movie then that, but that is the main part of the movie.

In this movie, the acting was really well done, I really liked all the stars in this movie because it seemed like they put a lot of emotion into the acting, and made their characters believable. Steve Carrell did a great performance and was really funny, along with Julianne Moore even in the saddest of scenes. Emma Stone, who did an awesome performance in Easy A, did a great performance in this movie with Ryan Gosling & Kevin Bacon was funny as well.

I also enjoyed the camerawork in this film, I really liked the way that the backgrounds were really fuzzy, the camera would focus on the character, and fuzz out the background really well. This is an element that made this movie unique and different compared to other comedy movies out in the theatres.

Another thing is that the movie was really funny, there were parts when I was laughing,not just smiling like I did in Hop, or other supposed comedy movies. Kids can understand some jokes in this movie as well.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie and I would watch it again. I would reccommend this to anyone looking for a good movie, it beats Horrible Bosses by far comedy wise and manages to make the movie funny- but not dirty, something not much movies can do these days. A-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal