Sunday 3 June 2012

What to expect when your expecting- Review




When you saw the trailer for the movie " What to expect when your expecting" , you probably thought to yourself that it was one of those star packed comedies. After all, you basically know everyone that starred in it. Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, Elizabeth Banks, Chace Crawford, Anna Kendrick, Dennis Quad... That's a lot of stars.

By watching this- it kind of reminded me of Valentines Day, in the sense that the movie is telling several different stories, that don't really end up intermixing. All the stories revolve around the same idea of getting a child and the ups and downs of pregnancy. The interesting thing is that all these woman handle it different, Cameron Diaz playing a fitness star, has to keep up with her show. Elizabeth Banks being an author, having the hardest pregnancy experience and Jennifer Lopez trying hard to adopt a child while having a hard time at her job. All while Brooklyn Dekker is relaxing and not even having a problem with it.

No doubt about it, this movie was funny. It wasn't good for children, but it was still really funny. My mom was crying halfway through the movie and I think she understood more of the jokes than anyone else. I thought it would be cheesy, but it was actually really, genuinely funny.

The story of it was really good, and was well plotted and I really liked how every character had a personality and relationships with the characters around them, they weren't just there to act as a filler, they actually had a role in the movies. One of my favourite parts was the group of all the dads walking the baby! Those actors played that part really well and I was laughing so hard!

Overall this is a movie good for everyone, I would recommend it more for girls than boys but I still think that it is a good movie for mostly all. Also, it is not good for younger children. What to expect when your expecting will have you laughing from the beginning to the end. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal