Thursday 14 June 2012

Snow White And The Huntsman Review




The dark twists to fairytales start with Snow White and the Huntsman. Snow White And The Huntsman is perhaps the most disturbing interpretation of a fairy tale I have watched. It is a whole different story really, not really a lot like the actual snow white.

Kirsten Stewart stars as the lead role, Snow White. Snow White witnessed her father being murdered by her evil stepmother. After that the stepmother locked her in a tower for 20 something years. Snow White has learned to survive- the tough way. The queen kills anyone who she has the fear of being more beautiful than her because "Beauty is her power". The kingdom has starved and has gone to terrible means to stay away from the witches wrath. They believe Snow White is dead....

The thing that stood out to me in this, was how unexpected it was. I totally expected a lot more romance, for pete sake it is a fairytale. But there was hardly a romance, a little bit of a love triangle but barley any romance, so if you are looking for romance, don't watch this.

The way the movie was edited was a very original way to edit the movie, that stood out alongside the special effects which were really good.

The acting was good, but Charlize Theron's acting is what stood out to me the most. Her performance as the evil queen just gave me chills. She totally played the character so well and just as I imaged and she totally exceeded by expectations in the terms of acting. Her acting is the reason that this movie may give nightmares to children. 

Even though I enjoyed this movie, I expected more. I was so excited to see it and it just didn't live up to my many expectations. I repeat, I expected more. I expected more romance. I expected more to happen in the film. So by the end, I was a bit disappointed. I liked it but it seemed to be lacking a lot of things. I would recommend this to people who like action and fairy tales. I wouldn't really recommend it to kids because of the many scenes of violence, but I think some kids could still handle it. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal