Sunday 19 August 2012

The Midsummer Station- Review (Track by track)



As you probably know, I am a HUGE fan of Owl City & Adam Young, so I decided to do a track by track review for "The midsummer station". A lot of the songs I already reviewed here so check that out to get the full track by track review.



1. Dreams and disasters: This song is very motivational, it is also a very upbeat party song. I like this song because it is about how we have to keep going to get to our goals.

2. Shooting Star: The lyrics this song reminds me of Katy Perry's "Firework". It is very motivational and upbeat. Its about how you can shine as bright as a shooting star.

3. Gold: This song is telling you that what we got is "Gold". That we can shine forever!!!I love this song, its very upbeat and tells us that EVERYONE can shine!

4. Dementia (feat Mark Hoppus): This song is such a fun song, I think this is a good song to listen to over again so that you understand it.

5. I'm Coming After You: This song is super upbeat. After I heard the first chorus I sang along!!! I would totally blast this at a dance or party. It is about chasing after someone, kind of like a police officer.

6. Speed Of Love: This song is very interesting, he is talking about how fast the speed of love goes. How the speed of love is faster than the speed of light.

7. GoodTime (Feat Carly Rae Jepsen) If you haven't heard this song all over the radio, something is wrong. I have heard this song play on the radio ALL THE TIME! This song is a fantastic, "pick me up" song and it is guaranteed to get you into a good mood. My favourite thing about this song is that they aren't talking about drinks, or drugs, just about a good time!!!

8. Embers: This song talks about all of us uniting, and how we can't let the fire die. We have to keep on going, to chase our dreams.

9. Silhouette: This song is so sad. It game me the same chills as "lonely lullaby". This song is about loneliness and being alone and the pain about that. Its about regrets, its about regretting so much you just wish you could forget all of it.

10. Metropolis: This song, as I discovered is talking about the city "Metropolis". This song is upbeat and very happy. He is talking about leaving his heart in Metropolis. He doesn't want to leave Metropolis.

11. Take it all away: This song is upbeat and very interesting. It has a good beat and it is about "Taking is all away".

12. Bombshell blonde: This song is insane!!! It is super upbeat and it is just a fun song, the lyrics are funny and I hope this song makes it on the charts so they can play it at dances!!! SO IMPRESSED!!


Overall, although this album is a big change from his previous work, I still like it. I know how his previous work was so amazing, and creative but this is what he is enjoying doing at the moment so we should be happy. We don't want him doing something he doesn't want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal