Monday 27 August 2012

Black Swan Review




Black Swan- I saw this movie a year ago and the idea still haunts me. Black Swan is a carefully crafted, haunting, masterpiece.

Black Swan is a film about a ballerina under a lot of pressure. When she receives the lead role in Swan Lake and has to portray the light, elegant and innocent white swan, something she won't have a problem with, but the problem is portraying the dark, mysterious, seductive black swan, someone she has to become. Slowly, she loses her mind and goes deeper and deeper into the world of insanity as she becomes the Black Swan.

This movie is completely, underly outstanding. All the actors and actresses played the roles so convincingly, it was haunting. Natalie Portmans performance gave me the chills.

The cinematography was fantastic, in combination with the music it created something very haunting and unique. Black Swan isn't the type of movie to scare you using blood, but it does that. Black Swan scares you with the udder insanity that Nina is going through. From Nina's hallucinations to her bulimia to her obsession with perfection to her overprotective mother this girl is past insane.

The story is completely amazingly perfectly plotted. If you notice, Ninas world, and the story of the ballet, slowly interwind. This is genius.

I would recommend this movie.Darren Aronofsky is pure genius and this movie will leave you breathless. I just wouldn't recommend it for people that can't take graphic or don't like that kind of movie, because well, Black Swan isn't for the faint of heart. A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal