Sunday 24 April 2011

Soul Surfer Review

Hey guys, I saw the movie Soul Surfer on Saturday and here is my review:

Before I saw Soul Surfer I looked up reviews for it and some of the critics reviews were bad for this movie, so I went into the theatre expecting a bad version of the amazing book that Bethany Hamilton wrote. But I have to say I was surprised. The movie was amazing.

The girl who portrays Bethany Hamilton is AnnSophia Robb (Race To Witch Mountain, Bridge To Terabithia). She was simply amazing in this role. She played her so convincingly!! I really felt like she was Bethany Hamilton and she seemed to be able to portray how Bethany really felt!!

Also the fact that the writers and director of the movie were able to use movie techniques to make the storyline unpredictable was awesome. Before the shark attack, they try to make us think that it is at certain parts of the story, just to scare us. They use lighting,camera angles and music to scare us!!!!

This movie brought me to tears, you are talking to the girl who has never cried in a movie before. I was honestly crying during the whole movie of happiness and sadness. Its the fact that she got back on her board no matter what anyone said. She had obstacles in her life that she overcame to live her life.

The music used in this movie was really happy and contributed to the tears during the movie, I loved the song "Runaway" by Matt Kearney, It was the acting,script and directing that made the movie!!!




















Also If you liked the movie, read the book Soul Surfer and visit her website:
http://bethanyhamilton.com/




Movie Trailer




Visit: http://www.soulsurferthemovie.com/  for more information on what the movie is about!!!




Movie Clips:



















Sorry I have posted 2 reviews today so If you want to see my hop review scroll to the blog post before this...

1 comment:

  1. I wached soul surfer too and LOVED IT!!!!
    Good post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal