Monday 17 October 2011

Real Steel Review


Everything about Real Steel seemed filled with stardom. Hugh Jackman starring as the main character, the superb special effects and the futuristic plot. But what realy impacted my thoughts on this movie was the feeling it gave me throughout.

Real Steel is about Charlie (Hugh Jackman) who was a pro boxer, then the whole idea of the games changed. Instead of humans boxing, robots began to box. Charlie loses everything because of his high bets. Everything changed when he had to spend the summer with his sonm Max. Max has a high interest on the robot boxing as well, first Charlie is annoyed. Then when Max finds a robot that happens to work, (ADOM) they work together to repair it and get it ready to box.

Hugh Jackman played his character really well. He conveyed the way the character felt to the audience and I thought that was really important. He seemed to put his heart into the character. Max, was played really good as well.

The plot was well done- but I wouldn't say it was an action movie. Although the plot was lacking some action, I thought it was still heartfelt and interesting. The thing that annoyed me was Max, a some times it seemed like he was a bit of a brat. I just didn't like the way he NEEDED to get what he wanted all the time.

Real Steel is a perfect family movie. The whole family will enjoy it for various reasons, adults will enjoy it. Kids will enjoy it and its a win-win choice. Like it or not Real Steel will be a classic because of its timelessness and style. Expect people to be popping it into their blu-ray players in years to come. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal