Monday 24 October 2011

Once Upon A Time- Review





Once Upon A Time seemed like it was going to be a hit right from the get-go. The whole fairy-tale concept would draw in both audiences adult and children. Adding the fact that it is from the powerhouse writers of lost- Woah. But is the show really as good as everyone says it is?


I have to say, the first episode was a little slow. It seemed to drag on. At the beginning it is Emmas birthday, she then finds her son that she gave birth to 10 years ago and gave away for adoption. He begs her not to take him back to his home, because of his awful mom. But she unwillingly gives him a drive home. He has a fairy tale book with him and claims that "Storybrook" is a town filled with fairy tale characters and that time is frozen by the Evil Queen. 


This episode we see a lot of flashbacks on the past, to make it clearer for us to understand. These flashbacks will be featured in a lot of the episodes. I do find it takes a while for her to figure things out. I mean slow.


So overall, this show is not a lot like Lost. I didn't expect it to be. I think that if this show continues the way it is-it might just get a second season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal