Sunday 22 May 2011

Water For Elephants Review

Hey sorry for the delay! But i saw Water For Elephants a couple of hours ago and just got back! Here is my review for it!




Water For Elephants firstly got its fame from the bestselling novel written by a Canadain Author (Sara Gruen). Then it was made with some of the biggest stars of all time: Reese Witherspoon (Legally Blonde and won an Oscar for best leading role in "Walk the line"), Robert Pattinson (Twilight, he plays the one and only Edward) and Christoph Waltz (who won best supporting role for his role in Inglorious Bastards). We thought it couldn't get any better right?Well it got a lot better!!

I came into the theatre with mixed expectations, the critics said bad things about it but the reviewers said good things about it. I didn't have a starting opinion for the movie so I just watched it and figured it out on the way.


The movie was introduced with an old man telling a story of his life. After his parents died, he jumped on a train that he had no idea where it went and got a job as a vet on the circus . He then meets the bosses wife who he falls for. The boss is known for treating animals cruelly and he hits them until they follow his command. He was nasty. I won't say anymore, but I was on the verge of tears for some parts of the film.


Now the elements in the filmmaking were stunning. The cinematographic elements were amazing and made it breathtaking in my opinion. Every shot and take from the camera had new creativity and still made the movie have emotion even without music, which is very rare for movies.

I would say that the editing was really nice too.It was done really well to show the shots needed to convey emotion in the film.The music was well done too!! (Click here to access it on itunes).

The only thing I found strange in this film would be in the mid-end of the film there is a sudden change of emotion, he just wakes up and the emotion changes from sadness to anger, like that! Im not sure if it was supposed to be that way, but I thought that change was sort of sudden and made it a little harder to follow up. But that may be just me.

I have to admit that the acting was good. Reese Witherspoon was amazing in the role and so was Christoph Waltz. I have never been a Twilight fan, but I have to admit that Robert Pattinson played his character decently and I was impressed with his acting because he seemed to display the emotions of the character well.



The animals were awesome in this movie. But there was a lot of beating. A person would smack the animal until it bled sometimes. It was so sad!

Overall I won't be surprised if this film gets a couple nominees for Oscars next year! I thought this film was done really well and I would recommend it!!! This film has for sure been underrated this year and I hope that it gets the attention that it deserves!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal