Thursday 19 May 2011

The Roommate

Hey! Today I have to post the review for "The Roommate"

So when I was watching T.V a couple months ago I came across the trailer for the Roommate and was like: "Whats this all about?". So then I went online and checked out the site with the full trailer on it. I thought it looked interesting. Then I was on Facebook and people were writing things like "Saw the Roommate! it was awesome!". So I figured I would go see it and see what I thought of it. I chose to post the review today because this week the Roommate came out on DVD and soundtrack. The music was done by John frizzel.

The Roommate is a film about a girl in college who has a new roommate. They seem to get along well until she notices that the Roommate has a secret and is following her around and obsessing over her.

The studio who makes these movies "Screen Gems" always makes the movies look innocent then they twist the plot to make you scared. (Prom Night)
First of all the plot, I would say is not that original. It is kind of like the plot for the movie "Single White Female" . I don't know if it is a remake or something.

Okay I have to say that it was really unrealistic in a way. There is no way that the people would not be able to notice that the Roommate is insane at the end of the film! They got warnings and everything!

A good thing about the movie was the acting! Leighon Meester is a really good actress and she played the role really well. Also the music really made the movie "Pop" out more because it conveyed the majority of the emotion.

The rest of the film was kinda tiring. It was perdictiable and a typicial movie, nothing special.But it could've been improved by making the main character smarter and more relatable to us, that would've kept us watching the movie.

Overall I would say if you want a laugh watch this with your friends but otherwise, chose another film to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal