Thursday 26 July 2012

The Luxe- Review




"Welcome to Manhattan 1899, where people fear scandal more than disease". I think you know what this book is about, scandal. Lots and lots of it. I found this book at a used book store for $1 so I thought, why not? 

I am not a big fan of scandal, but this book was entertaining enough. I will read the sequel, but I am not sure if I am going to continue reading the series. It is well written and the drama makes it hard to put it down, but scandal isn't really my thing. 

I could barely watch Pretty Little Liars or Gossip Girl after one episode, but If you are a fan of those 2, I think you would be thrilled to know this book is this, in the 1800's. It has a antique and vintage feel to it. Plus there is lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of romance. This is sure to entertain you. 

Overall, this book was an okay read. The ending is a cliffhanger, so I have no choice to read the second book. It was fun while it lasted, but there are a lot better books to read (for me) .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal