Monday 9 July 2012

People Like Us- Review




People Like Us isn't just another star studded film, its not a cheesy romantic. People Like Us is so much more than that, this movie packs in life lessons, family and laughs in 2 hours and leaves the audience in the midst of tears.

Chris Pine stars as the main character, who is in major debt and needs money. After his father dies, he is left with $150,000- to deliver to someone he has never met- his sister (played by Elizabeth Banks). One problem-he doesn't have the guts to tell his sister that he is her brother. The 2 develop a strong friendship and the guilt just keeps on piling up....

I really liked the characters in this movie- they weren't stereotypical at all. They all were there in the story for a reason, not just thrown into it. All the actors played their roles convincingly and I was very impressed with Michael Hall D'Addario's performance.

People Like Us had a really good story to it as well, the plot flowed smoothly and all the events were real, no one would be shaking their head that these events wouldn't actually happen ( but of corse they were dramatized). This movie is also fairly appropriate  ( although there is still mild swearing, it is still a good family movie).

Overall I was blown away by People Like Us. I expected less, a lot less but I got a really well rounded movie filled with emotion, and story. I would recommend for everyone. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal