Wednesday 25 July 2012

Take A Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg Review




In the summer I usually read more than I ever do in the school year, because I just have more time on my hands. I went to the library to get the sequel to another book I was reading, but when I found out they didn't have it, I picked this up instead. Turns out I liked this book a lot better than the other book and finished it in less than 24 hours. 

Take A Bow is a story written by Elizabeth Eulberg and it is about a prestigious art school. It is told from the point of view of 4 different characters, who although are friends have very different goals in life. Emme is probably the protagonist in the story, she is a songwriter who never gets put in the spotlight. Sophie, Emmes so called best friend who always seems to be using her (She sings Emmes songs) , although Emme refuses to admit it. Ethan, who is in Emmes band and always is a nervous wreck and Carter who is a child star and has his passion elsewhere. All 4 of these characters see life very differently, from Emme who always sees  the best in people to Sophie who always finds some way to use people. 

I think the best part of this book is the relationship between all the characters, it is clear they all have very different relationships with each other from dating, crushes, hating or friends. The book is developing the relationships between them or changing them and realizing who is true and who is just in it for themselves. 

I think this book is called Take A Bow because some people (Like Emme) deserve appreciation but never think about themselves. Instead they always find time to think about others, even when it is them that deserve to take the bow. Even when Emme succeeds she never takes time for herself.  Everyday is an audition and its important to make decisions that you won't regret later on. 

Overall, I loved this book. It was so thoughtful and I couldn't put it down! I would recommend it to people (like me) who are going to an arts school or people that have a passion for something. I would also recommend it to people who liked High School Musical or Fame. I was so surprised by how fantastic this book was!!!! Probably the fastest I have read something in years!!!! Standing Ovation!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal