Saturday 21 July 2012

The Amazing Spiderman Review

The Amazing Spiderman was easily one of the most anticipated films on 2012, from having some of the biggest most talked about actors in it (Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Martin Sheen) to the fact that they are re-doing the Spidermans after a short 4 years. The Amazing Spiderman was destined to be a success. But I guess, beauty is in the eye o the beholder.

The 2 leads: Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield.

The movie starts out with the young Peter Parker playing hide and go seek with his parents. He is looking for his parents and rush into his parents study. He notices that his parents papers are scattered all around and they come out and rush him out. This is the beginning of Spidermans very secretive past. If you are looking for more on his past, although it hints in a lot on the trailer, there isn't much about the past in the movie, I would advice you to wait for The Amazing Spiderman 2.

I have to applaud the acting in this movie. Andrew Garfield did a great job in my opinion. Although some may say he was too "Cool" for the role, I think he did a great job making the character his own. I think he also did capture some of the dark side of Spiderman with his acting. I was impressed. Another thing that impressed me was the amazing chemistry between him and his co star Emma Stone. Emma Stone played Gwen Stacy, the chef police officer's daughter. This sort of adds the whole "Romeo and Juliet" component to the story. Emma Stone did a great job playing Gwen, I think she really made the character stand on her own. I also was very impressed with Martin Sheen's performance as Peter's uncle. As usual Stan Lee's Cameo was hilarious and probably the best one yet.

I know some people thought this movie was slow, I agree. But I think it being slow was necessary to give the plot depth and to introduce the new characters. I think it was also meant to build on the past and the questions.

On comparing this to the old movie, I think that if you are looking for a totally different plot, you have come to the wrong place. The villain in this movie is very, very similar to the one in the first spiderman. Almost all the components of the villain were the same, expect for the current villain was a lizard. Peter Parker is also a whole different person in this one. I think that this movie had more emotional depth than the original and bring more life into the actual characters lives.

I think that the stunts in this movie were really cool, and I liked how it took longer for him to develop his powers, whereas in the original he just got used to them as soon as he got them.

I was very impressed with the 3D in this movie. It was probably one of the best 3D movies of the year. Everything popped out at you like it was actually meant to be in 3D, and they used the 3D to enhance the experience. They used different angles to make things really pop out and even if you didn't see it in 3D, you could tell that it was intended to be in 3D.

Overall, I liked it. I know how mixed the reviews were for this movie, but I think it was a refreshing twist and change to the original spiderman and I would certainly watch it again. Although the story lacked a bit, I still enjoyed the movie a lot and I would recommend it. But again, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. A-
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal