Monday 16 July 2012

Owl City- Maybe I'm Dreaming Review ( Track by Track)



Owl City's ability to create his own genre, is astounding. Anyone can agree on me with that, with his creative lyrics to his cool beats, Owl City is a one man success. The reason why I am so hooked on his music, is because no matter how many times I listen to a song, there is always something new to discover if its hidden wit or insightful lyrics. Owl City presents hope, something we all need.

I decided to check onto one of his earlier albums, before Fireflies became a huge success. Maybe I'm Dreaming exceeded my expectations by a million percent. Its his debut album and it just may be his best.


1. On The Wing: This song was released onto his other album Ocean Eyes. It is a very relaxing song, that just makes you want to sway. This song makes me feel like exploring and being in peace.

2. Rainbow Veins: This is one of my favourite songs. It is about how someones heart has  " A lack of colour" . He wants to help this person by blending up a rainbow and shooting it through their veins. This song is a lot more than that, but that is why it is called "Rainbow Veins". This is a must listen.

3. Super Honeymoon: This is a story about him meeting a rich girl and going on a super honeymoon with her. It is unlike his other songs on the album.

4. The Saltwater Room: This song was also re-released on his Ocean Eyes album but with several changes. I do like this one better. It is a romantic song.

5. Early Birdie: This song is different from his other songs on the album, I really like it. Owl City talks a lot about the sky, and this song is also about exploration.

6. Air Traffic: I think this is my favourite song on the album. I don't know, it just has the sense of astonishment and achievement. It reminds me a little bit of the book Airborn (Kenneth Oppel)  . It just has the ability to make you happy. Also the other vocals really add to the song.

7. The Technicolor Phase: " I am the red in the rose, the flowers on the blankets on your bedroom floor" are the opening lyrics of the song. This song talks about colours and rainbows and how they relate to this persons life. I really like this song, it is very soothing and relaxing, but makes you think.

8. Sky Diver: Another song about the sky. Its not one of my favourite but it still adds to the album. Its about flying and going in the air. (SKY DIVING)

9. Dear Vianna: Another very optimistic song. This describes the surroundings in vivid detail. If you are in a bad mood, listen to this song, it will for sure make your spirits rise!

10. Ill meet you there: This song is also very soothing and relaxing. It is also very dreamy.

11. This Is The Future: Another one of my favourites! This song is saying to wake up and realize that this is the future we aren't alone. I LOVE THIS SONG.

12. West Coast Friendship: Okay, hands down this is the best, best, best song on the album. It is just so upbeat and random!!! I am always dancing and singing along every time this song comes on. If you were to get one song from this album, get this one. Its so catchy and just... happy!



Overall this album is fantastic and great for anyone who likes electronic music. Also if you enjoyed Ocean Eyes and All Things Bright and Beautiful, you will love this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal