Wednesday 16 May 2012

Shooting Star EP (Owl City) - Review



" Close your tired eyes, relax and then count to one to ten and open them". The first words I heard on the EP. After that, I knew I would love it. Adam Youngs music is some of the best music I have listened to. Why? Because his style is so original  and he finds a way to communicate feelings to his audience. This EP is a preview for his new album, coming in Summer/Fall. The 4 tracks are self motivating, confidence bearing songs. They offer to encourage and help audiences out of their darkest moments. I am so happy I get to go to his concert!! So excited!!!!

1. Shooting Star
2. Gold
3. Dementia (feat. Mark Hoppus)
4. Take It All Away


From start to finish, I don't know how much I have listened to this album. Its on repeat on my iPod!! People may say the style is different, and I agree. I don't think it is bad. He wants to experiment with his style and sound and let him do that. This will help him continue his passion in music.He hasn't strayed from his original style a lot at all, it just has changed slightly. I still love this EP!!!!!!!


Adam stated on his blog "There is no old Adam Young, there is no new Adam Young, merely different colors and different brushstrokes over the same canvas. Creativity is all about pushing boundaries and pressing onward and I prefer the Darkwing Duck approach to artistry. So thank you. I’m feeling the love. Let’s get dangerous"

1 comment:

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal