Wednesday 30 November 2011

Spotlight on...Catherine Hardwicke

I would just like to do a little spotlight on Catherine Hardwicke, for those who don't know, she is a director of some major movies like Thirteen, Twilight and Red Riding Hood. After watching some of her films, I have come to learn that she has a certain directing style, that brung her into the spotlight.



Her distinctive style is a love or hate. She often shows scenery, it is an important aspect of her films. She often gives- kind of like a 360 on everything that happens. I happen to enjoy this style. You can tell if she did a movie without even knowing. 

She also uses lots of Canadian scenery (We Canadian's are pretty special), she shot in Canada for both Twilight and Red Riding Hood.

She is also a woman director, that is pretty cool because a fair majority of directors tend to be men, so its good that she is in the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal