Monday 23 April 2012

Sky Sailing- An Airplane Carried Me To Bed




Owl City has always been one of my inspirations. Something about his music has always inspired me and made me so happy just by listening. When I found out about his Sky Sailing album, I bought it on the spot. Why? This is the first music he made, under a different name. He goes by " Sky Sailing" and his music is a peaceful break from the world around us. He was not on a record deal at the time that he made this, and I think its what makes it so inspiring. He did all this, and basically created his own success, something we all strive to do.

Captains Of The Sky is by far my favourite song on the album. Its upbeat, but it makes me think. It is such a hopeful song and I applaud it for that. Other favourites are: Tennis Elbow, Blue and Red, Alaska, I live alone and Saiboats.

How is this album compared to the "Owl City" albums. Well they are different, in the sense that I can see the real Adam Young, I am a huge Owl City fan but these songs are filled with his emotion and this just feels so real. When compared to his new music, I would rank them the same, Owl City fans might enjoy this and so will people that aren't all big on the electronic on his new albums. I would recommend this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal