Thursday 12 April 2012

Mirror Mirror Review




Mirror Mirror was the start of a upcoming trend in movies- Fairy Tales. With the huge start of many fairy tale twists including Grimm, once upon a time and the upcoming releases of snow white and the huntsman and jack and the beanstalk Mirror Mirror was looking for something new. They wanted to add a humorous twist to the movie, without it being parody like. They wanted it to be heartfelt, without being cheesy. Did they do that right?

Upon seeing the trailer for mirror mirror, I wasn't happy. I thought the movie would be more parody like and I was set on not seeing the movie. It looked pretty darn stupid. I ended up seeing the movie because well- people were telling me it wasn't as bad as it seemed. It wasn't nearly as bad.

Theres nothing majorly impressive, but this movie has a powerful twist to the typical snow white tale. For a first time in fairy tales a woman takes charge and doesn't rely on a prince to save her for what lies ahead. A woman defeats evil for a change.

The acting was good, Lily Collins proves her diversity of roles in this role and Julia Roberts delivers. The story was pretty good, had some funny moments and heart warming moments as well.

So in the end, mirror mirror wasn't cheesy, wasn't stupid it was just good. The twist as pretty excellent and the ending was not what I thought it would be. Its a great family movie. C+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal