Friday 26 July 2013

My Life In Black and White

If you lost the one thing that defined you, who would you be? 

This is the simple premise of the book "My Life in black and white" by Natasha Friend. This book was a surprisingly easy and fast read for me, and had great heart. 

This book is about a girl named Lexi, and looks are her defining feature. Everyone tells her she is pretty and she knows it. After a tragic car accident- which sends her going through a windshield her face gets torn apart and she looks nothing like she used to. She learns to cope with this, while trying to deal with what happened that night. 

I liked this book a lot. It was one of those books with every aspect in it, with love, friendship, family and all these things were treated equally with each other. This book also talks about finding yourself and staying true to those around you. 

I really liked the characters in this book, they were all very realistic characters that everyone could relate to. This situation was really realistic and so was Lexi's reaction to it. This book was just very real. 

All in all, I think that this is not just a summer read but an all year read. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a moderate read, wants to learn something and wants a book that they won't be able to put down. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal