Friday 15 March 2013

Jack the giant slayer review



Jack The Giant Slayer could've been a very bad movie. With this whole fairy tale trend going on in film, fairy tale movies attract all audiences: kids, teens and adults. Surprisingly, Jack The Giant Slayer packs a fresh twist on a fairy tale.

Jack The Giant Slayer tells the story of a boy named Jack who lives in a kingdom. One day he runs into a princess looking for an adventure and a beanstalk grows and takes her away. He must travel up the beanstalk with the kings knights and find the princess.

I think the part of the film that really drew it together was the story of the giants. The story of the giants was told at the beginning, which made the film really easy to understand. It also showed the story being told through two households, Jacks and the princesses. So at a young age, their lives were contrasted and compared to prove that they were not that different.

I also thought the acting was really good. I've never seen Nicholas Hoult in this sort of role before but he pulled it off very well and so did Eleanor Tomlinson, who played the princess. I look forwards to seeing her in future films.

Overall I would actually recommend this movie to any age groups, there is violence but its there to tell the story. Even though I didn't see this movie in 3D, I would recommend for it to be in 3D because I felt that it was meant to be shown in 3D by their utilizing of camera angles. B+


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal