Sunday 28 August 2011

No More Refills- Are you kidding me?

Cineplex has announced that they will no longer do large drink or popcorn refills. But the prices will stay the same, the large popcorn still going around $6-$7 and the large drink still remaining at its original price.
The popcorns remain the same size, but the amount gets lowered.
http://www.sld.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/cinepopcorn-news.jpg

I have no idea why they did this, but I have a few guesses. The average tub of popcorn has a value of 2 cents, but is sold for $4- $7. Maybe they wanted to make more profit.http://www.thestar.com/article/268992

 I know movie popcorn is bad for you, but seriously? I don't think they took away the refills because of that. 
I have heard that some people would bring the same bag in each time, to get a refill each time, which got cineplex upset. My question is, since each refill has the value of approximately 2 cents, how many refills would it take to get their money's worth? A lot.


Now, next time I think about getting a large to share with my friends or family, I will think again. Maybe it isn't worth it anymore.

1 comment:

Commenting is a great way to share your thoughts with me! Do you agree with me or disagree with me? I would want to know! Remember, I have feelings too, don't take things personal